Patagonia Travel — Charles Darwin in Patagonia Cruise — Overview
Cruceros Australis and INCA continue the highly successful special Tierra del Fuego cruises in celebration of Charles Darwin. Join author/historian John Woram and other guest lecturers aboard the Stella Australis as we cruise the Strait of Magellan, the Beagle Channel and explore some of the places seen by Charles Darwin on the famous voyage of the HMS Beagle.
Our modern voyages will take place from Ushuaia, Argentina to Punta Arenas, Chile (4-day), and from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia (5-day).
Little change has come to the Fuegian Archipelago's labyrinth of islands, islets and canals since the epic HMS Beagle explorations of the early nineteenth century. During this time, the Beagle expedition made many important discoveries, and Darwin's own observations went far in shaping his revolutionary ideas about natural history and geology.
The primitive aborigines who made such a lasting impression on the young Charles Darwin are gone, but the land remains just as he saw it. So, please join us for one or both of these special October cruises. Come along and see what Darwin saw.
- 4 or 5-Day cruise of fjords and channels of Tierra del Fuego aboard Stella Australis
- Lectures by accomplished historian John Woram and author Gerardo Bartolomé on Darwin's visit aboard the Beagle. Topics include:
- Darwin before the Voyage of the Beagle
- Charles Darwin in Tierra del Fuego
- Darwin: a witness of a long lost world
- Darwin and Fitz Roy after the Beagle
- The scientific clues of the Voyage of the Beagle
- Evolution. Only a Theory?
Starting price per person.
See complete dates and prices.